minutes videoconference 9.Nov.2004
present: H.Kirk, K.McDonald, Y.Ivanyushenkov, P.Titus, P.Spampinato, F.Haug,
- The LN2 bath for cooling the solenoid to 82 K is at a temperature of
about 77 to 78 K.
- initial flush is directly with LN2, possible using warm N2 first.
- because of the vacuum jackets a small vacuum pump is required in the
system. could also be used for purging.
- NO electrical or passive heater will be integrated in the system.
- dewar is a storage device and should not be used as a phase separator.
- LN2 piping
- flexible: from dewar to DVB
- rigid or flexible: DVB to cryostat and back
- flexible: DVB to exhaust
- valves V1 to V5 are remotely controlled. V1 is for free as integrated in
- to make the cryogenic lines as short as possible, FH requests hole in
wall from TT2 to TT2A. Is this feasible.
- FH is in contact with T.Otto for an estimate, whether small amounts of
activated LN2 spilled to the surface are an issue.
- low point (trap) required in transfer line to minimize activated LN2
- KMcD asked detailed drawing/operation of LN2 dewar
- The dedicated PS MDs are only useable for removal, whereas a PS MD
without extraction is very unlikely.
- The extended dump wall left of D3 could be either a chicane or moveable